4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2017 12:41 AM by cezar RSS

No vulnerabilities found

zeek Novice

Whenever I scan with Nessus to a Windows 10 machine with no patches I get nothing from the scan. I can ping the windows 10 machine from the Nessus machine, and vice versa. The scan goes through in literally like 3 seconds, and then I click on it under history, and nothing happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

• Re: No vulnerabilities found
    zeek Novice

bump

cezar Apprentice

Is it black or white (with credentials) scan?

zeek Novice

The scan itself is white, but I don't see what you are talking about with credentials.

cezar Apprentice

Technically speaking the "white scan" is a scan with credentials (user/password or other authorization method).  Many systems have so called "personal firewalls" and when you make "black scan" (eg. without credentials) then they'll block you.

OK, first: you've said you can ping the machine. But have you tested it from your workstation, or from the Nessus scanner machine? Maybe your Nessus scanner is not allowed to access the scan target? First try the ping from the scanner.

Second: create the scan using the "Basic Network Scan" policy and run it against the Windows10 - can you see anything in the output? You should at least see the "Host alive" kind of output.