3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2017 6:21 AM by sdunn RSS

How to Auto Authorize New LCE Clients in 5.0.2

harold.jensen@bnymellon.com Apprentice

Question for you, the documentation for 5.0.2 is unclear on how to auto Authorize LCE clients.  How is this done?   Looks more complex than previous versions.

• Re: How to Auto Authorize New LCE Clients in 5.0.2
    sdunn TenableEmployees

Hi Harold,

Once you have installed the LCE client on your target host, and set the IP address to your LCE server and port 31300, you should see the target hosts in LCE. In my example below, I have my LCE client installed on a Windows box. Click on the checkbox on the left, then select Authorize from the drop down.

Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 8.41.11 AM (2).png

Next, you should get a screen asking "Are you sure you want to authorize these clients?", select the Authorize button. You should see the Heartbeat update for the target host.

Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 8.51.16 AM (2).png

Once you have completed that, then you can go ahead and assign any default or custom LCE policy you wish. Please let us know how you make out, and if you have any questions.

harold.jensen@bnymellon.com Apprentice

Stephen I know that part thanks but there is a way to "Auto" Authorize listed in the instructions but seems very unclear.

Configuration-> Advance -> Clients section.  Supposedly this will allow your clients to get authorized automatically.

sdunn TenableEmployees

In LCE, under Configuration > Advanced, scroll down to the Clients section under Client Assignment Rules. Check the Auto Autorize checkbox, enter in your Client Network, then enter in the IP address of your LCE server and port 31300. It should look similar to this below.

LCE.png

Keep in mind that you may have to add additional entries under Client Network. For my setup, I did not add any filename policies and LCE assigned the default policy for my client.

If you have any custom policies you want to auto assign, just add the name of the policy file (i.e.: custom_rhel_lceclient.lcp), then scroll to the bottom and click on the Update button.  Once you have completed that, then install the LCE client on the target host.