3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2017 5:39 AM by CodyDumont RSS

Problem upgrading SC where it doesn't detect current installed version

kle Novice

Hello, we are trying to upgrade our Security Center from v4.x to v5.x by doing the rpm -Uvh command but for some reason it failed to detect the current installed version in the PRE processing and continued as a fresh install. Because of the fresh install the service failed to work.  Does anyone know why the upgrade process failed to detect the current installed version?  Thx.

• Re: Problem upgrading SC where it doesn't detect current installed version
    sdunn Master

The Support Portal has documentation on the upgrade process from SC 4.8.2 to 5.1. Not sure what version you have currently and are attempting to upgrade to, but I would look at that guide if you haven't already.

In your case, since you have already ran the upgrade and it failed, I would reach out to Technical Support for assistance.

kle Novice

Thank you for your reply. We are currently running SC v4.8.2 and there's not much in the upgrade documentation for troubleshooting after running the rpm -Uvh on the new SC v5 package.  We don't have any direct support with Tenable thus my posting to this community site in hope someone might know where the upgrade is checking for the current installed version.  There must be a "flag" somewhere that the PRE upgrade script checks to see if there is an already existing version installed before it proceeds to do the upgrade and in our case the script did not detect that "flag" and assumed that this is an initial install

CodyDumont Master

It sounds like you are using ACAS, the DISA help desk should have the proper instructions to help you  out.  The ACAS version of SecurityCenter is slightly different in the RPM build, and I believe that is the issue you are running into.