8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2017 9:41 AM by djs75 RSS

LCE 5.0.1 archiving silos

djs75 Novice

On LCE 5.0.1, the archive enabled button is no longer displayed on the gui. In the previous version it was on the Configuration-> Storage page. Failing that, I looked at the "migrateDB-toES" tool. I see all my silos using the "--list-ES-silos", but none under using the "--list-archive-silos". There is no option to migrate a silo to archive. What is the process in LCE 5.0.1 to archive silos from Elasticsearch.

• Re: LCE 5.0.1 archiving silos
    ldavidson Expert

Hi DJ,

To enable archiving with LCE 5.0.1, all you need to do is specify the archive directory and click Update.  Be sure to appropriately set the "Archived Database Limit" so that LCE deletes the oldest archives so that you will store only the newest archives when your disk gets near capacity.  There's a bit more detail here: https://docs.tenable.com/lce/Content/SystemConfiguration_Storage.htm

Hope that helps!

- Mike

djs75 Novice

Okay, I tried that in the GUI but it returned a 500 error with a "configuration/active-directory path.repo not set". Having some experience with elasticsearch, I queried the elasticcluster curl -XGET 'http://localhost:9200/_node/status/fs' which shows that the parameter is not in the elasticsearch.yaml configuration, which I assume is a bug or oversite in the config. I believe clearer documentation needs to be provided

ldavidson Expert

Hi DJ,

It is working on mine - after I set my archive directory setting, I see the yml file gets updated and I have a log message in the LCE admin log /opt/lce/admin/log/2017Apr.log:

path.repo: ["/opt/lce/archive"]

Apr 20, 17 13:55 (siloMinder) INFO (snapshot-archiver.cpp:384,ensureSnapshotRepositoryRegistered) - Successfully registered to use archive_directory [/opt/lce/archive/].

Can you capture a debug file by logging into the LCE UI as an admin, clicking Configuration > Advanced, and then scrolling to the Debug section to generate / download the file?  If you send this to Support we can look over your logs to see why it didn't get set. 

djs75 Novice

Ok, will open ticket as now it is giving "error fetching metadata of current silo, cannot proceed". In the log it shows

(lced) ERROR Bad silo name in: {

"current_silo" : {

"aliases: {}

}

}